At the pit, my parents was starting fire. My sister commented "Jie, you not going to start fire this time?" and I just replied "Since daddy and mommy is already doing it, I don't think I'm needed".
Suddenly my sister's friend got all interested and wanted to learn how to start fire and dragged my sister along and commented "Jie Jie, you don't want to learn?" And I said "I already know how".. Recalling a compliment from a friend's dad stating that I am good at starting barbecue fire and is better than his son.
Never knew this skill of mine is considered good and all I know is, it's just starting fire and get the charcoal burning =/.
Amber red charcoal
I have seen failed BBQ such as getting lousy charcoal; using wet charcoal or cooking with FIRE.
Yes! When barbecuing, we need the heat and not the fire. Reason being, fire will only burnt the surface of the food while the meat/ chicken wings are still raw in the middle. Heat on the other hand will cook the food slowly and evenly. Thus, to avoid eating burnt and uncooked food - do not use fire and do watch your food when you place in on the pit.
Try avoiding getting a bag of charcoal with all small pieces of charcoal. Small pieces are burnt easily and wouldn't last. To me, small pieces of charcoal are used to aid in the burning and heating of big chunks charcoal which retains heat consistently.
Try avoiding getting a bag of charcoal with all small pieces of charcoal. Small pieces are burnt easily and wouldn't last. To me, small pieces of charcoal are used to aid in the burning and heating of big chunks charcoal which retains heat consistently.
It's May and if you visit the wet market, you will be able to see fresh and huge flower crabs and crayfish. It's probably in season and thus we were able to enjoy the crayfish roe. *Yum!*
Bottom of the crayfish
Don't you think that the bottom looks like facehugger?
Here are some photos from the BBQ:
Signing off~





No comments:
Post a Comment