Friday, March 22, 2013

Childhood 童年



According to dictionary.com "childhood refers to the state or period of being a child". While I feel that what's going on during that period e.g feelings and emotions that made up the memories is childhood, it is definitely not just a phase of life. It is the foundation of who we are today - how we are being brought up (morals and principles, right and wrong) affects who we are today.

I believe many of us can vaguely remember our childhood except those special incidents that we could still remember till now.

Were chit-chatting with a friend, discussing which part of Singapore we are most familiar with.
He said "Bugis, well because my dad's previous office was there and I go there everyday when I was young". Then I recalled another friend of mine once commented "Chinatown and Orchard - Because his dad has shops there".

For me, I would say I grew up in a car workshop LOL. Beaches and few memories of Malaysia <- because I had chewing gum stuck on my hair while lying down watching tv and chewing it at the same time that it dropped out of my mouth (almost got a haircut because of it but thanks to my uncle, he managed to get it off) and I think because I am a sweet tooth and probably chewed too much gums that I had bad toothache when I was there. I wouldn't say my childhood was a fantastic one due to the fact that there will be some fortunate kids to laugh and make fun of you. But I have the best parents and grandma in the world who would be there for me and now I have great friends and an awesome pig.

Felt that I am bad at remembering stuffs - I can hardly remember much from my childhood. How much of your childhood can you remember?

Was at McDonalds and saw this Happy Meal Toy - overheard my neighbor telling my mom "this daughter of yours still like a child hahaha" -___- oh well. It is because I love this character. Meh!


P.S. I have been procrastinating about this post and this post could be longer. Finally typing it out and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment